Seven social media tips for funeral homes and cemeteries.
We all would love see our social media posts go viral. But the facts are viral posts are rare in compared to the amount of posts that happen everyday. But there are rules you can implement which will help your posts create a positive impression for your funeral home or cemetery.
1.Have a written social media policy for employees. Define topics which are forbidden. Define topics which are encouraged.
2. Take time to train your staff on how @ or # your firm in a post
3.Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.
4. Don’t be afraid to delete a tweet or post. You control the message. You have the power to remove the post.
5. Like, follow, and engage churches and faith based groups in your community
6. Don’t post when you are angry or feeling down. Your feelings can come through the post.
7. Remember social media takes time.
Funeral Impressions is social media marketing and Management Company owned and managed by a licensed funeral director. With over 30 years of building brands Funeral Impressions can help you reach your local community and shape the online conversations in a positive way. Contact us Funeral Impressions for a free social media consultation.